Home | Classifieds | History | Technical | Links | Store | About Us | Email
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Sabb Model GT Variable Pitch Propeller

Old Marine Engine » Miscellaneous » Sabb Model GT Variable Pitch Propeller « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

traveller32bogle
Username: traveller32bogle

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2014 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings to all from Turkey where I am with with my 85 year old sailing friend on his boat.. a 1973 Taiwanese built double ender .. a Traveller 32. We have sailed together for many years.. trouble free till bow.

We have the Sabb model G with a Variable pitch propeller arrangement.
Our problem is as follows:

The shift from forward to reverse has become very stiff.

I have removed the 4 bolts between the Flange that connects to the propeller shaft coupling ( part number G82BC )…. Now , not being connected it is very easy to change from forward to reverse…

I can spin the propeller shaft but not push it out or pull it in at all.

We suspect the problem is in the Propeller boss… the housing holding the propeller blades that controls the pitch.

Do anyone have any exploded diagrams that might help us ( other than the ones in the green handbook ) or any advice.

Also can the Propeller Boss housing be removed while in the water.. ?

I have attached a Picture of the same motor and propeller as we have.

Many thanks for reading,
Mike.. Sailing boat BOGLE Traveller 32 ( plenty on our Travels in Eastern Mediterranean on YouTube )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

aknetman
Username: aknetman

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2015 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a hand screw directly above where the shaft exits the gearbox that "locks pitch control". You could check that this is not tightened down. I leave mine loose, because I never find the need to lock the pitch control. See item # 16 in the attached excerpt from the Sabb Model G manual.
application/pdf
Page_69_sabb_model_G.pdf (107.5 k)
application/pdf
Page_70_sabb_model_G.pdf (126.5 k)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page

Home | Classifieds | History | Technical | Links | Store | About Us | Email
&copy 2005 OldMarineEngine.com, P.O. Box 188, Forest Dale, VT 05745-0188 • Phone: 802-247-4864 • All rights reserved.
   Marine Engine Seloc Repair Manual Lookup Tool

marine gas engine repair and restoration