Home | Classifieds | History | Technical | Links | Store | About Us | Email
Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Register  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Blaxland Pup weight?

Old Marine Engine » Blaxland » Blaxland Pup weight? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrew Matthews
Username: andrewm

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
I've bought a Blaxland Pup which I plan to fit to a 14' fibreglass clinker displacement hull which is currently outboard powered. There is also a shaft and gland, a couple of props and a clutch.
The motor and bits are in Adelaide and I need to get them to Sydney.
Can anyone tell me how much the Pup weighs for freight quotes? The mount looks heavy as well, looks like a display stand.
Cheers, Andrew

neil r jones
Advanced Member
Username: senojn

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew ,
Just put the sum of the parts including the clutch on bathroom scales and came up at about 60 kgs. Props are 2 kgs plus each and the shaft being long will pack separately.
Transport costs vary ,say $200-600. Prohibitive?
Try a friend or relative !
Good luck.
Neil

Andrew Matthews
Username: andrewm

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Neil,
Thanks for going to the effort to weigh the bits.
On the advice of Quinton in a previous post, I contacted Brett Jacobs from Gloucester (Blaxland Chapman) and he said to allow for 65kg so he's right on the money.
I got a quote from www.transdirect.com.au and with the shaft packed as a seperate item and allowing 90kg for the motor and other bits, the cost was only about $85, which is very reasonable for a door to door service between Adelaide and Sydney.
I can't wait to start the conversion into the hull.
Cheers, Andrew

Jasper Ashby
Username: freightpartners

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2015 - 08:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew Matthews,

Get freight transport quotes without any hassle from us at FreightPartners. Getting competitive services from us is so easier. Book your requirement of freight Melbourne to Brisbane and lets our team handle everything easily.http://freightpartners.com.au/melbourne-to-sydney-perth-brisbane-n-other-metro-c ities/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page

Home | Classifieds | History | Technical | Links | Store | About Us | Email
&copy 2005 OldMarineEngine.com, P.O. Box 188, Forest Dale, VT 05745-0188 • Phone: 802-247-4864 • All rights reserved.
   Marine Engine Seloc Repair Manual Lookup Tool

marine gas engine repair and restoration